A. Data Protection Policy for the Website
§1 Information on Collection and Storage of Personal Data
(1) Hereafter we inform you which personal data we collect when you visit our website. Personal data is all information that can be related to you personally, e.g. your name, address, e-mail address, internet usage patterns.
(2) Responsible according to Art. 4 Abs. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): MILLER Rechtsanwälte, Schreiberstr. 20, 79098 Freiburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) When you contact us by e-mail, we temporarily store your e-mail address, your name and telephone number to answer any of your requests. All personal data will be erased upon finishing your request or case.
(4) Should we need to resort to third-party service providers in order to respond to your legal request, we will inform you about the procedures and the length of storage of your personal data.
§2 Legal Rights
(1) You have the legal right to get information from us about your personal data as follows:
- Right on general information
- Right to correction or deletion
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to objection to processing
- Right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to appeal to a data regulatory authority if you believe that our collecting and storing your personal data is unlawful or that we have not protected the above-mentioned rights sufficiently.
§3 Personal Data collection when visiting our website
When you visit our website for information purposes only, i.e. without a registration or log in, we do not collect any personal data. However, we use technically necessary cookies on the basis of Art. 6 Abs. 1 Sit. 1 lit f GDPR to ensure the optimal function of our website and to provide optimal usability for visitors of our website. Hence, the following data is automatically transmitted to us by your browser:
- IP address
- Date and duration of your visit/request
- Time difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of pages you click on and time of access (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP Status code
- Transmitted Data Volume
- Previously visited website
- Operating system on your device
- Browser type
- Language and version of your browser software
§4 Integration of Google
(1) On this website we use the services of Google Maps. This allows us to offer you an interactive map on our website and hence a more convenient way for you using the map service.
(2) When you visit our website and use Google Maps, information is transmitted to Google as to which page subpage of our website you have accessed as well as the data described in §3 of this statement. Google collects and stores the data as user profiles for reasons of advertisement, market research and/or demand-based design of its websites. The creation of user profiles applies to you regardless of whether you are logged into a Google account or not. The purpose of these user profiles are to provide demand-based advertisement and to inform other users of the social media network about your activity on our website. You have the right to appeal against the collection and storage of your data by Google. Please contact Google directly if you wish to do so.
(3) For more information on the purpose and extent of data collection and processing by Google, please check its data privacy policies: http://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy.
Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subjected to the EU – US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
B. Data Protection Policy for Clients
The following data protection information apply to the processing of your data by MILLER Rechtsanwälte in case you become a client.
MILLER Rechtsanwälte (Dr Alexander Miller and Ms Ulyana Schwarz), Schreiberstraße 20, 79098 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany, email@example.com.
2. We counsel and give legal advice to enterprises, manufacturers, business professionals, designers and private individuals. We collect the following data when you become a client:
- Title, Name, First name
- Valid e-mail address
- Telephone number(s) and FAX number
- All information that is necessary to establish, enforce and protect your rights when you become a client
3. We collect, store and process your data for the following reasons:
- to identify yourself or your contact person / representative as our client
- to counsel and advise you on legal matters
- to correspond with you by email or post
- to settle claims or demands
- for billing and accountancy
4. We collect, store and process your data (based on Art. 6 (1) sent. 1 b, GDPR) to assure close attention to your legal requests as well as immediate and accurate responses to mutual demands resulting from the client/attorney relationship.
5. We store your data until the statutory retention period for legal documents expires, i.e. six years after the expiration of the calendar year in which the client/attorney relationship has ended. After this period we erase your data unless we are required to store it for fiscal or commercial law reasons (based on Art. 6 (1) sent. 1c, GDPR, in connection with HGB, StGB or AO) or when you have given your explicit permission to store your data beyond the legal retention period (based on Art. 6 (1) sent. 1 c, GDPR), or when legitimate interest arises, i.e. investigating conflicts of interests or dismissing liability claims.
6. A transfer of your personal data to third parties will only take place when absolutely necessary (in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sent. 1 b, GDPR). Only data pertaining to the client/attorney relationship and being of particular relevance can be shared with third party participants, e.g. opposing parties and/or their legal representatives, courts, public authorities or offices (within and outside of the EU) as well as colleagues from the EU and outside of the EU for the purpose of correspondence and/or to assert or protect any of their legal claims or rights. Third party participants may only use your data for the above-mentioned purposes.
7. Concerning their personal data, our clients and/or their representatives have the right:
- to revoke your consent to our collection, storage or processing of your data (acc. to Art. 7 (3) , GDPR)
- to demand information on which personal data we process (acc. to Art. 15, GDPR)
- to insist on immediate correction of false data or amendment of your data (acc. to Art. 16, GDPR)
- to request deletion of your data stored by us (acc. to Art. 17, GDPR)
- to demand restriction of processing and state objection to processing of your data by us (acc. to Art. 18, GDPR)
- to insist on data portability (acc. to Art. 20, GDPR)
8. Our clients have the right to appeal against the processing of personal data (acc. Art. 21 GDPR) by MILLER Rechtsanwälte when presenting valid reasons against the processing. Please contract firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
9. MILLER Rechtsanwälte does not inform every individual of our clients’ employee or co-worker that we store personal data, e.g. their name and e-mail address when we communicate with them. We kindly ask our clients to inform their employees and co-workers about our data policy and our processing personal data as part of the contract between MILLER Rechtsanwälte and our clients.
Our website uses SSL encryption to ensure secure transmission of confidential or sensitive data. The SSL encryption is easily recognized by the htpps:// tag in your web browser display. When activated, third parties cannot read any SSL encrypted data you transmit to us.
Objection against unsolicited advertising
We state the objection against the usage of our contact information published on this website for any kind of unsolicited advertisement, including spam e-mails.
MILLER Rechtsanwälte reserve the right to take legal action against parties that abuse our contact details to send unsolicited advertisement, e.g. spam e-mails.